Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Going Home


Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow morning I board a plane in Tbilisi at 0815. I land in Kiev at 0850 (yes, the plane is THAT FAST). I wait around the airport for about four hours, and then board a plane (with an unoccupied space next to me because the US Consular Office in Kiev is a horrible place) at 1255 that lands in NYC at 1635. Pretty much this means that within 36 hours I will be eating Taco Bell and driving down the New Jersey Turnpike on my way back to my house in Plainsboro, New Jersey.

There are lots of things to do, to see, to eat, and people to hang out with. I don’t have a specific list or schedule of my days, and I no longer have a current driver’s license, so most like if you want to see me you will have to pick me up. Unfortunately, as I said above, I will be traveling one person short. I never thought that visas could be such a huge problem, and it sucks because all these rules are in place now because people in the past took advantage of the lax rules. Anyway, that’s another story.

I need Taco Bell. That’s probably one of the first things I will do after I land. After Taco Bell I probably just want to go home and hang out with my cat, Archimedes, for a while and talk with my family about all the fun and exciting things I’ve been doing. My goal is to basically gain 10 pounds in this single visit home. There are so many places I have to go, and so much food (HOAGIE HAVEN) that I have to eat that I’ll be pretty busy. I would still like for my friends to come see me and let me know when they’re free for drinks or FOOD and write me on Facebook.

I may or may not be returning to Georgia on the 5th. There are a lot of factors at play, and a lot of things I have to consider. I would like to go to Ukraine right after, but I’m quickly running out of vacation days from Peace Corps. The airline is also being a huge pain by not letting me change my flight without paying a large amount of money. If I stop in Ukraine it could only be for three days, but something is telling me I will really need those three days. Long-distance relationships are NOT easy. I haven’t seen Ana in almost two-months, and we were really counting on this trip home, but now it may look like we won’t see each other until summer. Which… well… sucks…


No comments:

Post a Comment